Thursday, 8 September 2016

#BadMa Back to School Guide

New academic year, new start, September it is, getting organised, making promises of never forgetting a permission slip, making a donation in time to the PTA, not having any late tickets.  Spending evenings packing school bags neatly by the door.... feeling smug as you pass the school office, they haven't got one on you, you're ahead with the milk money 

Not this year.... 

Thing is you can't keep it up, it's not real life, come October things begin to slip, the pleats aren't as sharp, the school bags left in the car overnight, ham sandwiches creep back in over couscous salad, half the lids missing from your Tupperware! 

Feelings of failure creeps in, #BadMa syndrome... screaming at your children "So help me God, if you haven't got your shoes on in 30 seconds....".

So yes, a new leaf being turned, but not as you think.  I'm starting September as I finished in July - badly organised!  The thing is, in my frantic late way, I keep it together (mostly), the children arrive everyday to school, they may have incorrect kit, with the application form for crafternoon a smidge after the deadline, but who cares, nobody is judging me.  Well I suspect the school secretary is, but I can sweet talk her, perhaps I should buy her a box of Roses at Christmas? 

I'm going to give myself a break, and drink wine. 

xx Emma-Lou 




No comments:

Post a Comment